Liz Benton

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Post 8- Free Write

I was not really too sure about what I wanted to do this free write on, so I just chose what has been on my mind lately.

Spring break is coming up and with it comes my trip to San Antonio, TX to go see my boyfriend, who is currently down there at Fort Sam Houston for his medical training for the National Guard. I have not seen him since he was home for 14 days in December for exodus, his break in between basic training and AIT, which is where he is now. It is kind of weird to think that I will be going to see him, instead of just waiting for him to come home. What is even weirder than that is thinking about the fact that he has been away at training for what will be almost half of our entire relationship by the time he gets home from AIT.

I feel kind of bad though, I am looking forward to going and seeing him but at the same time I have a feeling that it is only going to make things harder until he gets home. He graduates on April 30th from AIT and I am going down to San Antonio, again, for it- but I think that going to see him a month before he graduates is going to make that last month seem like an eternity. Even more so than that though, I am worried that once I get down there he is not going to be the similar to the guy he was when he left to go down there. When he left for basic he was totally different than when he came back, but he changed for the better there. He came back more responsible and respectful. I have no clue how he could have changed this time, I have talked to him every single day since he left January 1st, but it is still my biggest worry because, what if he has changed to the point that he is nothing like he was when we started dating? What do I do then?

I guess I get to think about all of this between now and when I go, I am probably just freaking myself out about nothing. We have been together for a year and half now, we went through basic training with it’s one, if any, phone call a week and letters for communication, so this should seem like nothing compared to that, right? Who knows? I am confident that everything will work out in the end and I am hoping that I have nothing to worry about. I should just be happy that I have a boyfriend who is willing to fly me to come see him for one night and that he cares enough to do that.

3 Comments:

At March 5, 2007 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Nga Le said...

Hey, it must be hard to be physically separated. I once had to go through the same thing. Less than a year ago, my boyfriend had to go to Hawaii where most of his family resides to take care of his grandmother; he was there for a whole year! Anyways when he got back, he was a total changed man and I did not like it at all. But after talking it out with him, things are much better now. I guess you just have to remember to talk it out if something is bothering you. Good Luck!

 
At March 6, 2007 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, you are brave to stay in that relationship. I hope it all works out for you. I remember when my best friends brother went off to the army. He used to be really immature and rude to me, and he came back very respectful and mature. It was so weird. Hopefully your boyfriend will be changed for the better!

 
At March 13, 2007 at 12:20 AM , Blogger annaters said...

I thought you might write your free write blog on Tad. He has really been on your mind a lot lately. I know that it is hard to constantly be separated from someone, but I think that you two might make it. I know that it is hard with all the fighting, and the situation with his family, but hang in there! He loves you, and you love him and that's the most important thing. I wish the best for the two of you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home