Liz Benton

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Post 10




The first thing that caught my eye when I looked at this photograph of a women holding something that she had tried to bake that had not turned out how she had hoped or expected, was the look of disappointment on the women’s face. She looks as though she is about to cry. This is not the normal reaction one would hope for after taking the time to bake something (note photograph inserted), but if you look at the baked good, it is obvious that something went wrong in the baking process. The top of the baked good looks as if it is almost black, but certainly burned. The expression on the women’s face is obviously in reaction to this mishap in the baking process. I know that I get upset when the items that I am trying to bake do not turn out as planned, but normally I do not look this upset unless I am baking for a specific reason. So, maybe she was trying to bake a romantic dinner for her and her significant boyfriend, maybe she was trying to prove that she could indeed bake, or maybe she was just baking to bake and it did not go as planned. Any of these are options. Also, the apron that she is wearing looks like one of the aprons that you would see in an older television show, maybe this is to make her look like more of a modern day homemaker or to make a statement about the baking and cooking abilities of some women.

2 Comments:

At April 2, 2007 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you got your pictures mixed up and in the wrong posts. But because for this assignment I chose the same picture you described I knew what you were talking about even though what you said was the complete opposite to the picture. It's ok, we all make mistakes. When I was doing this assignment I was thinking that same thing about her cooking a special dinner for someone special. I just didn't put it into my blog. You beat me to it.

 
At April 3, 2007 at 12:02 AM , Blogger RachelKrier said...

I was going to choose this picture had I not chosen the one that I did. It's says so much in the photograph it would be hard to know which aspect to reflect upon. When I first glanced at the picture of the woman with a look of complete dissapointment on her face I thought it was deeper than just the fact that she burnt the dish. Who knows though, it is a good one that allows for much reflection.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home