Liz Benton

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Post 15- Freewrite!

Recently I was informed that due to the injury my horse Luna suffered in February, 2004 that she will not be able to be used in the manor in which I intended at the time of her purchase… So, now I get to do the whole horse shopping thing all over again, only this time I get to go all out! For those of you who did not already know this about me, I horseback ride VERY competitively. I show in the jumper division through the Colorado Hunter Jumper Association that holds shows almost every weekend throughout the summer.

My goal for this show season is to compete through level 4/5 jumpers which is 3’9”-4’ fences, so to do this, I need to buy a well trained horse. The show season begins in May, so at this point in time I have all of two weeks to find a new horse and start showing, which is not an easy task. My horse Luna that I have right now is a nice imported German Warmblood that was bred to jump, so I am looking for something of the same caliber, only a little bit bigger and a lot more experienced. However, the only drawback is that Colorado is not the best state to buy a horse of this nature. So, for the first two weeks of my summer I am going to be traveling to California, New Mexico, Arizona, and Wyoming to look for horses, sounds crazy, I know.

I am hoping that by the middle of May I will have a horse that I can show at the level I want and do well with because it has been awhile since I have actually shown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home