Liz Benton

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Post 16- Freewrite #2!


I am hoping to transfer to the University of Denver next year and am currently waiting to find out whether or not I have been accepted. I was supposed to find out by Friday, April 20th, but apparently not. According to the registrar at the University of Denver, my transcripts from the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center for my fall 2006 grades were never sent. Delightful, is it not? I am not going to lie, I am more than just a little irritated that I get to wait even longer to find out whether or not I have been accepted. It has already been a month, which according to the transfer coordinator at the University of Denver, is almost twice what the normal decision making period is… So, with that logic, I should have found out already.

The reason I want to go to the University of Denver is because I am a Political Science major, focusing on the pre-law aspects of it. I want to continue on to law school after all of my undergraduate work is complete, and the University of Denver has my top pick as far as law schools are concerned in my mind. However, that is not the only thing that attracts me to the University of Denver for my undergraduate work. The University of Denver is located in one of my favorite parts of Denver- you are close enough to downtown that it only takes five to ten minutes to get there, yet far enough away that all of the hustle and bustle of being in the city is gone. The campus is amazing, it is absolutely gorgeous and perfectly situated within the neighborhoods of the area.

So, I guess I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that I find out whether or not I have been accepted quickly so I can plan for next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home