Liz Benton

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Post 17- Freewrite #3!


I spent my day horse shopping, which I know does not sound that exciting to most people, and sometimes it does not even sound exciting to me. Horse shopping is kind of like buying a new car- you go into with an idea of what you want; the size, color, price, brand, etc. and you almost never go with the first car you drive until you have gone and driven other cars to make sure that it is the best car you can get for your money. Well, horse shopping is exactly like that. You go into with how much money you are willing to spend, how much training you want the horse to have, how big you want the horse to be, what color the horse is, what breed it is, etc, etc.

Today was the beginning of a LONG process for me, but the first horse I rode, Blue, is the one I like the most so far, but so far I have only tried out two horses. I get to spend my week riding as many other horses as possible, then I get to go back and see if this horse still stands out to me. I went into this process with a very specific mold in my mind of what I want in my new horse and Blue had every quality but one… He is a grey which means more maintenance because he is a lighter color. But, in all honesty, just like car shopping, color should be the least of your worries if it performs exactly how you want it to.

I guess I will see what this week brings with other horses and hope that I find one that I fall in love with so I can get ready for the show season and go out and show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home